Export a PowerPoint Presentation to a Video and Preserve Animations in C#

@SPVandeput,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for your question. I requested plans for this feature from our development team. I will let you know as soon as possible.

@SPVandeput,
Could you please clarify, are your requirements the same as the ones described here and here?

Yes, indeed. The requirement is to convert the PPTX to MP4 just like the feature in PowerPoint itself.

@SPVandeput,
Thank you for clarifying. I will inform you of any news.

@SPVandeput,
Thank you for your patience. According to preliminary planning, this feature will be implemented in Aspose.Slides 21.12 or later.

A post was split to a new topic: How to Convert PowerPoint Presentation to Video?

Can I do this anymore?
It seems that there is no mp4 in Output?

@Greeeeen,
As far as I can see, the feature will be included in Aspose.Slides 22.11. This release will be published soon (the second half of November).

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I’m looking forward to it.

@Greeeeen,
Thank you for using Aspose.Slides.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36753) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.11 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

Will Aspose.Slides for Java also be enhanced to support this capability?

Thanks!

@echin.allego,
Yes, Aspose.Slides for Java will provide the same features.

Thank you for your response.

You don’t output the video directly, but you output images for each frame once, right?
Do you feel that the part that converts the image into a movie is done outside the scope of Aspose using another library such as ffmpeg?

@Greeeeen,
Yes, you are right, these details have been announced in Release Notes:

Hi Andrey, I will be processing PPTs where its a mix of slides where some slides have no animation while others do. Is there any way to optimize the processing such that it only creates one frame from the static slide, such that the FPS will only be applicable when there are animations in play? From playing around with the new API so far I don’t see a way, but that could just be me. Attached is an example pptx that i was working with - ideally, I would like to just create just 8 frame files from this single pptx (one for each slideshow click). Is that possible? MySimpleExample.pptx.zip (27.4 KB)

@echin.allego,
I need some time to check the issue you encountered. We will reply to you a bit later.

@echin.allego,
Thank you for your patience. As far as I know the FPS setting determines how many frames/images to display per second in a video. Since all slides fall into one uniform video sequence, a static slide also needs to be displayed for a certain time. If, for example, FPS = 10, and the slide needs to be shown for 2 seconds, 20 images will be created.

In your example "FPS = 10, and the slide needs to be shown for 2 seconds, 20 images will be created. " I see in the code where I can set FPS=10, but how do I set the 2 seconds that the slide needs to be shown? If that value is not settable, and is implied by the duration of the animations being rendered, then what is implied for a static image where there are no animations? Thank you.

@echin.allego,
I did not find an exact answer to your question either. It looks like the default for a static slide is 2 seconds. I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43645 to our issue-tracking system. Our developers will look into your questions. We will reply to you as soon as possible.