Export error message 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

I purchased Aspose.Cells for SSRS yesterday - because Excel reports from SSRS2008 couldn't be read on iPhones - but if rendered via Aspose.Cells they could. My problem today is that some of existing SSRS2008 reports won't render to 'XLS - Excel Workgroup via Aspose.Cells'.

I get the above subject line message with a stack trace error as below.

at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.ReportItem.x5d9a63140eb6b015..ctor(Report report, PageSection msReportHeader, PageSection msReportFooter, x7d2319fb0b52127b dataWorkSheet, x459697a6ee6e9c50 templateWorkSheet)

at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.x287918d12b9d430a(Report x64343a0786fb9a3f, NameValueCollection x4d7e972a483f38e6, NameValueCollection x769338e163ee6eb4, NameValueCollection x69ea43ef171861cd, Hashtable& xcc726f61cfb91835, CreateAndRegisterStream x6af66da7eca40f82)

at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

This report does render successfully via the SSRS Excel option.
I'm using 1.5.3.0 Aspose.Cells and I've made no change to the existing RDL files that were created in Visual studio.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi Max,

Please share your file with us. We will check them as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Example files attached. Good - via standard Excel renderer. Bad via Aspose.Cell

Hi Max,

Please share your RDL file too with us. We need to examin the file.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks,

RDL attached.

Additionally the date field is formatted differently between the MS & Aspose rendering. I normally have ddd, MMM dd as my format - is that not supported in Aspose - it shows SQL full date time.

Thanks

Hi Max,

We have tested the RDL file provided by you and we are able to find the issues. We are in process of solving the issues. We will release a fix after completing the process. Now you may try modify your report define file (RDL) for solving the issue in the following way.

1. Modify language parameter: Specify the value of language parameter or use default set.
For example: en_Us

2. Remove the 'textbox1' report item or modify the 'textbox1' report item location in order to prevent report items overlap.

Thanks,

Hi ,

Please try the fixed version (attached).

Download the attached file, unzip and copy the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll file into ${SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Installation folder}/ReportServer/bin/ folder.

Kindly let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad. The dll resolves those 2 issues very well.

Much appreciated

Max