Export excel charts to word in .NET

Hi
I’ve looked at aspose.word and it looks brilliant. I dont know if this is possible but is it possible to create charts in excel / apose.cells and then insert them into a word document with aspose.word?

I have seen some tutorials were aspose.cells are creating charts but i’m not sure if you can use the generated charts outside of the aspose.cells environment.

Thanks a mill!
Dave

@osion

Thanks for considering Aspose APIs.

Aspose.Cells can create Excel charts and those charts can be saved to Pdf or to image e.g. PNG, JPG etc.

However, Aspose.Cells cannot deal with Microsoft Word documents. For that purpose, you will have to use Aspose.Words.

Once, your charts are saved into images, you can insert those images into your Word document using Aspose.Words APIs.

Another way is to create Excel workbook with Charts using Aspose.Cells and insert the entire workbook as OLE object into Word document using Aspose.Words. This way, your Charts will be editable.

Please see this MS-Word Document. I have inserted an Excel Chart as OLE object using Microsoft Word 2016. If you double click the chart, you will see, it is editable, you can do similar thing (i.e. insert Excel Chart as OLE object in Word Document) using Aspose.Words APIs.

Download Link:
Chart inserted as OLE object using Microsoft Word 2016.zip (22.1 KB)

hi
That’s exactly what i was looking for! that’s brilliant that the products can be used together.
I’ll try the cells and word apis and see if images or OLE suits best.
Thanks so much
Dave

@osion

If you want to insert OLE object into Word Document (which is currently the case), then you must post your question in Aspose.Words forum or in Aspose.Total forum.

If you want to insert OLE object into Excel Document (which is not your requirement), then you can refer to these articles.