Export PDF to PNG loses Accents

Hi,

I am exporting PDF files to PNG images using PDF.KIT (version 5.2.0.0)
Everything works well apart from letters that include accents are omitted from the PNG file.

I imagine it is some sort of unicode issue. Is there a setting where I can change the unicode set?

Below is the code I am using:

Dim pdfConverter = New PdfConverter()
pdfConverter.Resolution = 200
pdfConverter.BindPdf(“d:\sourcefile.pdf”)
pdfConverter.StartPage = 1
pdfConverter.EndPage = 1
pdfConverter.DoConvert()
pdfConverter.GetNextImage(“d:\destfile.png”, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png)

Regards, Andrew.

Hi Andrew,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />

Thank you for sharing the sample code.

Please share your template PDF file and your generated PNG file to show the issue. Also, I would like to inform you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been merged into Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been discontinued as a separate product. All of it’s features are found under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace of Aspose.Pdf for .NET component. You may download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.6 and check if it works fine for you.

Following are the links for migrating your code from Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET to Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-blogs/shahzad-latif/archive/2011/06/11/migrating-from-legacy-code-to-merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net.html

Please feel free to contact support in case you have any further queries.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Attached is the original PDF and the resulting PNG file. As you can see the heading is missing the ‘e’ from the word Remy.

Thanks.

Hi Andrew,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template and resultant file.

I have tested your issue with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.6 and it works fine. I have attached the resultant PNG file for your reference. Please download and try the latest version and see if it works fine for you. Please see my previous reply for download link and the details for migrating your code from Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET to Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Please feel free to contact support in case you have any other query.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I’ll get the updated release.

Cheers.