Export to doc/docx adds additional newlines for list (rs2008)

When we tried to export this report following error has ocurred:
In place of first question there is number of new lines added.
It also take place indepentently from consume white spaces settings.

This situation does not occur whhile exporting via native Word export funcionality.

Please note: the datasource connection string is fake in those reports and you need to change it to any of yours. (datasets does not depends on it so it should not be an issue)

Additionaly: If you encapsulate Report1 into another report ex Report2 (Report1 - subreport of Report2) Every element of Report1(“category”, “question1”, question1 chart, “question2”, question2 chart) will be exported on separate page. Any of Page Break settings does not work here, the result is the same.

This issue was not resolved by any of the suggestions from here:

Export to docx adding page breaks for table groups

We were trying on aspose.words version 3.6, 3.7 and all attached as a solution for above issue (link)

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSRPT-122 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I've got the same problem and it's stopped me with my reports. I've try several possibilities with no success, settings according to page breaks are ignored. Reports are totally unacceptable. What is the state of work to that issue? When any fix will be available?

Please do it asap.

Regards,

Marcin

Hi, once again.

I’ve found something strange but it could help you to find solution. I’ve made report with two subreports placed in table, subreports are visible depends on modulo 2 result (one row with Subreport1 visible, next with Subreport2). Then I was exported to DOCX, first subreport was in place, second subreport in second row has empty space before and the space height was equal height of subreport1 in first row. So probably issue is not connected with page breaks but with rendering space for subreports that are not visible

Kind regards,
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your inquiry and information. Our development team is working over this issue and hopefully the fix of this issue will be available in next release of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi,

ok, I've tried to do it without subreports. So problems that I've found are 2:

* When rendering rectangles aspose generate empty place that is equal to size of the rectangle. If you do the same without rectangles everything works fine

* When there are two groups every group is generated on separate page

To summarize there is a bug in generating hidden rectangles as additional place in output and adding extra page breaks between groups. Look into attachment. There is a report definition and word file that was generated by aspose for ssrs. We look forward for quick fix of that problem

Regards,

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for sharing the details. We have a good news for you that is WORDSRPT-122 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services (v3.8.0) which is planned to be released by the end of December 2012. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

We appreciate your patience.

Hi Tahir,

Is it possible to test it earlier, just send me .dll file for SSRS2008. I've got prepared some reports that are waiting for your fix :-) so I could check it if everything is ok before publishing it as a new version.

Kind regards,

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we can not provide you hotfix at the moment. It is better to wait for the full release. We will inform you as soon as it’s released.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi, I've checked it and it is better now, because there is no page brakes that were before. But it is not finished yet.

As I wrote you in previous tickets there is still problem with additional newlines. Please look into the attachment. I've prepared you Report1 with subreport1 and subreport2. Subreport 1 should be visible for question 1 and subreport 2 should be visible for question 2. After generation doc file using Aspose DOC renderer for SSRS 2008 R2 there are additional newlines that shouldn't be there. Look into attached DOC file, I've put a comment there

Please solve that problem because we are waiting almost 2 months for fixing that. First my post with generating newlines for not visible reports is from Nov 14th 2012

Kind regards,

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for contacting and sorry for inconvenience.

I am developer who was working on fixing issue in question (WORDSRPT-122).

I have just run our internal tests and can see that output report is fine. Please see in attachment.

So first of all could you please check that v3.8.0 was installed correctly on your computer?
Please find Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.dll in SSRS working folder and check its version (Right-Click -> Properties ->Version). It should be 3.8.0.0.

Working folder will be something like:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

It would be necessary also to restart SQL and SSRS after installation to be sure that old DLL was correctly overloaded by new one in memory.

Please let us know whether this helped or not.

Regards,
Vadim

Hi Vadim,

You were right, restart of SSRS service was required. Thanks a lot for your help.

P.S. I've found new strange issue but it is not connected with the current topic so I'll create new one

Kind regards,

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.