Export to PDF - differing Font Size of Charts

When exporting a pptx to pdf the font size of charts is not consistent. The font size is different when I generate the pdf from a windows service as oposed to generating it from a windows form application. I had to set SaveMetafilesAsPng to false to get the charts to look good in the pdf.

My guess is that the pdf conversion process converts the charts into wmf pictures which might be the reason why the font size may differ from the pptx. Obviouly I could work around these issues but it is quite anoying if the font size changes as soon as I deploy it to the server as a windows service. Some insite would be appreciated.

IPresentation presentation = GeneratePptx();
IPdfOptions saveOptions = new PdfOptions();
saveOptions.SaveMetafilesAsPng = false;
presentation.Save(@"c:\test.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf, saveOptions);

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the details.

Please share your sample presentation file with us. We will check it and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

I created a small test report with a single chart and converted it to pdf from a windows form application and from a windows service. In both cases I used the same user account and the same server. For the windows service test I was not logged into the server, but for the windows form test I obviously was logged in. I was testing on a server with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and .Net 4.

The resulting pdf not only has different font size but also different file size. See attached files.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for sharing the sample files.

I am looking into your issue as per the environment details
mentioned by you and will get back to you shortly with my findings.

Thanks & Regards,

We now just deployed our application to our production server and the font size on that machine is again different from our development server.

Can you perhaps tell me what may impact the font size? Can it be that the font size changes depending if MS Office has been installed or does it change between different Operating Systems or is Aspose using a Printer Driver or is it somekind of permission problem?

I'm realy out of ideas and this issue starts to get painfull.

Thanks for any tipps

Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I checked your issue on Windows Server 2008 R2 with .NET Framework 4.0 but I am not able to notice the issue regarding font. I checked with the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.4.0. Please download and try it at your end. In case you still face the issue, I would request you to please share your complete code with us to help us reproduce the issue. Most probably the issue is font related on Windows 2008 R2, however, your complete code will help us in identifying the cause of the issue.

Thanks & Regards,