Export to PDF with Wingdings font doesn't use fallback chain

Hello,

I try to export a pdf document with these letters ąĄčČęĘėĖįĮšŠųŲūŪžŽ which have Wingdings font set. I have custom fallback table, that should set these symbols to Arial font. The fallback works fine with other fonts, but with Wingdings, after export they are not set to Arial and appears as  symbols.

Code snippet for reproducing:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.getFont().setName("Wingdings");
builder.writeln("ąĄčČęĘėĖįĮšŠųŲ");
doc.save("a.pdf");

@ANDREA.FARRIS
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25572

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

I forgot to mention that I am using Aspose Words for Java

@ANDREA.FARRIS Yes, we have noticed that you are using Aspose.Words for Java. The defect is logged for .NET since .NET version of Aspose.Words is the main version and all fixes made in .NET version are auto-ported to Java.

@ANDREA.FARRIS The issue has been closed as Not a Bug. Wingdings is a non-Unicode symbolic font. Aspose.Words do not perform fallback for such fonts. It is expected behavior. MS Word also do not perform fallback from non-Unicode symbolic fonts to Unicode fonts.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-25572) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 23.7 update.