Export to VSDX

Hey everybody,

I have an issue with export to VSDX. I used the latest version 6.0.0 for Java to check the support for VSDX format.
If a VDX file generated with the same version (which is loaded into Visio 2013 without issues) is loaded and saved as VSDX again there is an exception saying:

java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: visio/masters/master1.xml
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.putNextEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:233)

I had a look a the resulting file and saw that the masters.xml contained two masters with different id but the same Rel attribute. Seems that this will lead to two master*.xml files with the same name.
Unfortunately the Rel attribute is not accessible.

Any idea how to solve this?

Regards,
Andre

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting support and using Aspose.Diagram API.

Please provide us your source VDX which you are exporting to the VSDX format. We’ll investigate and reply to appropriately. Please prepare an archive (ZIP) of the source diagram before attaching it to your post. Your response is awaited.

Hello,

You can find the VDX file attached.

Hi Andre,

Thank you for supplying the VDX file. When we converted this VDX to VSDX format, it throws a null reference error on our side. We’ve logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50295 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

However, we’re unable to replicate the same error as narrated in your first post and we need to be more specific. Please provide the exact sample code which you are running to convert it and the details of the working environment, e.g. application type, operating system name and edition, JDK version, IDE name and build number, etc. It would be great if you could prepare a sample application which reproduces error of the duplicate master entry and provide its zip archive in this forum thread.

Hey

At first: Sorry, I mixed something up. I also get a NullPointerException with the described steps. The ZipException is a different scenario. Both can be reproduced with the attached sources.

AsposeTest contains two tests.
testProperty will create a new diagram and save it as VSDX. This will result in a ZipException.
testVSDX will load the vdx file and save it as VSDX. This will result in a NullPointerException.

Cheers,
Andre

Hi Andre,

Thank you supplying details of the defects.
anieder:

testVSDX will load the vdx file and save it as VSDX. This will result in a NullPointerException.
It has already been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50295.
anieder:

testProperty will create a new diagram and save it as VSDX. This will result in a ZipException.
We managed to replicate the zip exception message on our side. It has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50296 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We'll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Andre,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50295 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Andre,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50296 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50295;DIAGRAMJAVA-50296) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.