Export VSD to PDF - OleAut-Date is Invalid

Hi at all,

I am using Aspose.Diagram 2.4.0 and I get an ArgumentException at the line:
Diagram.Save(pdfStream, SaveFileFormat.PDF);

Some of my files were exported correctly but I got one file that results an exception.
I attached the file to this post. Maybe you know how to solve this.

Thank You

Hi Daniel,

I was unable to reproduce this issue and your file was successfully saved to PDF using the following code:

Diagram diagram = new Diagram("Timeline.vsd");
using (System.IO.FileStream pdfStream = new System.IO.FileStream("c:\\Output.pdf", System.IO.FileMode.Create))
{
 diagram.Save(pdfStream, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
}

Can you please check this code with Aspose.Diagram 2.4.0 or share if you are using a different code?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

thanks for your swift reply.

I checked your code because I used a different one and to see if i am able to reproduce the mentioned issue. I am evene with your code unable to export the Visio file to PDF.

I have attached a screenshot of the exception. As you will see I am from Germany. I hope this won’t make any problems.

Best Regards,

Hi Daniel,

I cannot see the declaration of o__Diagram variable in this screenshot. Can you please attach your sample application to reproduce the issue? If it is difficult for you to attach your application, please test this code in a new application and if the problem persists, attach new application to reproduce the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I’m sorry for this. I attached the sample Application and 2 samples.
If you run the batch file you should see that one sample works but the other one won’t.

This is the whole code I used:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using Aspose.Diagram;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
String input = args[0];
String output = args[1];

Aspose.Diagram.License license = new Aspose.Diagram.License();
license.SetLicense(“license.lic”);

Diagram diagram = new Diagram(input);
using (System.IO.FileStream pdfStream = new System.IO.FileStream(output, System.IO.FileMode.Create))
{
diagram.Save(pdfStream, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
}
}
}
}

Best Regards,

Hi Daniel,

At my end, both samples worked without any issue. I just downloaded your sample and run batch file. Attached are the output PDF files after running your batch file on Windows Vista 32 bit.

Please note that none of these files should be opened in MS Visio to successfully generate output. If you are still getting this exception, please attach the screenshot of running batch file with exception details and also provide your system details (OS and System Type etc.). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry for the late reply.
I think i found the source of the exception. I switched the system datetime format from German to English(Australian) and it worked without any issues. Could you try to run the batch file again with the system datetime of Germany? I hope this will work.

I’m using Windows 7 x64.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the details. I was able to reproduce this issue using your sample with German settings. This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-33225. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33225) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.