Export Word Document to PDF and then PDF to Pdf13 or PDF_1.3 Format using Java Code

Hi Team,
Iam able to export word document to pdf in export the Word document to Pdf in Pdf15, PdfA1a and PdfA1b.I need feature to export the word document to pdf_13.

Thanks in advance.
kind regards,
priyanga G

Hi Priyanga,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid currently Aspose.Words for Java does not support the feature to convert MS Word files to PDF_1.3 format. However as a workaround, you may consider converting Word document to PDF format and then try using Aspose.PDF for Java to convert the document to PDF_1.3 format. Please try using following Java code snippet.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

com.aspose.words.Document doc = new com.aspose.words.Document("c:/ pdftest / WordsOutput.docx");

//com.aspose.words.PdfSaveOptions saveoptions = new com.aspose.words.PdfSaveOptions();
//saveoptions.setCompliance(com.aspose.words.PdfCompliance.PDF_15);
doc.save("c:/pdftest/ConvertedDocument.pdf", com.aspose.words.SaveFormat.PDF);

// load PDF file in Aspose.Ppdf object
com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfdoc = new com.aspose.pdf.Document("c:/pdftest/ConvertedDocument.pdf");

// convert the file to PDF_1.3 format
pdfdoc.convert("c:/pdftest/ConversionLog.txt", com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.v_1_3, com.aspose.pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

// save resultant file
pdfdoc.save("c:/pdftest/DesiredOutput_1_3.pdf");

Hi Priyanga,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to my previous comments, the feature to directly saved MS Word files to PDF_1.3 format is logged in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1597. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its implementation, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

@priyanga,

Regarding WORDSJAVA-1597, we have completed the work on this issue and come to a conclusion to close this issue as “Won’t fix”. Please use Aspose.Words for Java to convert Word document to PDF format and then use Aspose.PDF for Java API to convert the PDF document to PDF_1.3 format.