Exported SSRS Report is Zero Bytes

Zero byte files are created when SSRS exports using any of the Aspose Renderers. We are using SSRS 2016 and version 19.5 of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services. I’ve attached a sample RDL file and the log file with the error that is generated.

ReportExportError.zip (8.4 KB)
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log.zip (605 Bytes)

Thank you.

@SPDev,

Thanks for the RDL file and log file.

We noticed the error in the log file. We need to evaluate your RDL file though. I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “CELLSRS-560” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Any updates?

Thank you!

@SPDev,

We are working over your issue and once we have definite update on it or figure it out, we will let you know.

@SPDev,

We have checked your provided report definition file. We found that the report configuration is blank in report definition file. Please tell us how did you use Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services client tool to create the report definition file?

@Amjad_Sahi

1. Open Excel, enter some text fields and random data.
  2. Go to Aspose.Cells tab, click Save Report.
  3. On the Aspose Cells tab, click Publish Report.
  4. Opened the report from report builder and added a datasource, dataset, and table. Saved the report.

I was able to reproduce the issue after performing the steps above.

Thank you!

@SPDev,

Thanks for the details.

I have logged your details against your issue into our database for analysis. We will investigate your issue soon.

Once we have any new information, we will share it.

@SPDev,

We evaluated your issue using your RDL file. We checked your file. I am afraid, we do not support such a report definition file in the way which you created. If you need tables in the report, you can use Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client to create table in Excel. Please refer to the User Guide (User Guide|Documentation) for your reference.