Exporting a PPTX to PPT

Because there are features in the PPT API (Presentation, Slide, etc) that are not in the PPTX API (PresentationEx, SlideEx etc) I decided to see if I could open a PPTX file and convert it to PPT then carry on using the PPT API. It seemed like I could, because there is an enum value to export to PPT, but it gives a runtime error that it's not implemented - see attached screen shot which also shows the code I was using.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

Hi Kate,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that at the moment the support for accessing PPTX and converting to PPT is unavilable in Aspose.Slides for .NET at the moment. However, the support for PPT to PPTX is availble in Aspose.Slides. I also like to share that we are currently working over the unification of Aspose.Slides API for PPT and PPTX. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-13419 has been added in our issue tracking system for unifcation of API and is likely to be resolved during Feb 2013 product release. With this feature being availble the support for PPTX to PPT will also be available in Aspose.Slides. I have linked this thread with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the feature will be availble.

Many Thanks,

Now that February is over, is there any update on a release that might address this issue for me?

Hi Kate,

I like to share that we are currently working over unification of Aspose.Slides for .NET API for both PPT and PPTX. With this unification completed by end of April 2013 in Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.4.0, one will be able to access both PPT and PPTX using single API. The concerned issue will get automatically resolved by this unification. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Can I ask for another update on this matter? Both February and April have come and gone.

Hi Kate,

I like to share that we are at present still in development and testing of merged API. The feature for PPT to PPTX conversation is likely to be available during Q4 of 2013 once the merged API will be rolled out after its implementation.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan