Exporting ASPX to PDF Including CSS

We have created a sample .Net application that includes a third party Web user control (Telerik Rad Org Chart).

As the Aspose.Pdf is providing the method to export the Web page to PDF, We are using the web page(.aspx) as a input and trying to export it as PDF.

As the Telerik Rad Org Chart is using some CSS while generating the Org Chart, We are providing the css path to the “ExternalResourceBasePath” (as documented on Aspose site) to export the PDF with the expected styles and are able to export the chart to PDF but the styles are not getting exported.

Please find the attached sample application where I am trying to export PDF of OrgChart using Aspose but unable to apply related CSS (for boxes, connecting lines, images etc.) which were used within OrgChart and defined in Telerik dll.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tried replicating the problem in my environment where I have used the code snippet which you have shared earlier, but I am afraid I am unable to execute the code. Can you please share some sample running application so that we can again try reproducing it in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Attached are screenshots of the application that was shared in the previous post as well as the resulting PDF that is generated.

Are you unable to run the application because it references the Telerik libraries? You may need to install a trial version of these to get the org chart to render.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Before testing the scenario, I installed trial version of Telerik UI for ASP.NET_AJAX and I also included the reference of Telerik.Web.UI.dll in the sample project which you have shared but I was still unable to execute the application. Can you please share some simple application so that we can again try replicating the problem in our environment. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

I am not sure what you mean by share a simple application. That is what this is. I have reattached a copy of the application that we have running in our development environment. If you cannot get this working, please let me know at what point it does not work.

Hi Seth,

I am again working on testing this scenario over my end and will share my findings.

Have you been able to make any progress on this?

Hi Seth,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are trying to replicate the issue and will update you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Seth,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for sharing the sample project. We have replicated the issue and logged an issue PDFNEWNET-36750 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

Best Regards,