Exporting data to Excel and PDF

Hi there,

I want to export some piece of data into Excel as well as PDF with 2 different buttons.
My data will be in Row/Column format. Can we do this with Aspose.Cells only without much changes to the code?

I mean we basically have a silverlight/asp.net grid and along with it there are 2 buttons which will say Export PDF and Export Excel.

If possible, can you please share the code?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

You can import data to your worksheet using the approach mentioned in this article.

Once, you imported your data, you can save it to Excel or PDF, please see the following documentation articles for your reference.

Thanks for your reply.

Now my other query which is more important. Do we have Aspose DLLs which can run against the Silverlight run-time?
The application where we need to use this functionality is a silverlight application.

Thanks

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Cells depends on System.Drawing and System.Data assemblies for many features, which may not be included in the silverlight framework. So, you cannot directly use Aspose.Cells component on Silverlight. I am afraid, there is no Silverlight version available of Aspose.Cells due to certain restrictions. Also, there are on plans to create a separate Aspose.Cells for Sliverlight component at the moment. If we have any plans in future, we will let you know. Currently, you may try the workaround mentioned here for your needs:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/19847

Thank you.