Exporting Slide as SVG with embedded Excel chart objects

Is there any way to include an Excel chart in a slide and have the saveToSVG render it as vectors vs. an image? I have tried a number of cut/paste options, but the resultant SVG is always just a big blob image.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the comments shared by you. Do you want to render only chart shape slide to SVG? I like to add here that Aspose.Slides offers to export entire slide to SVG image. The shared link will be helpful to you in saving SVG file.

Many Thanks,

The issue is that many of our slide have an embedded chart from Excel. When I save the entire slide to SVG, the chart is converted into a fairly low resolution image, since the viewport of the entire slide is 720x540. So a chart image that covers half of the screen might be 360x270 and when you view that SVG on a high-def screen its blurry. How can I get it to export the SVG with a larger viewport, so the embedded images themselves will be higher resolution? THanks, Bob

The real question was is there an option to export a chart as vectors vs an image? When I drop an Excel grid into a PowerPoint slide and convert to SVG, the grid is converted into SVG drawing primitives so the result is a very sharp display at any resolution. When I do the same thing with an Excel graph/chart, the chart is converted into a binary image and then included base64 encoded in the SVG - is there a way to get it to draw the chart vs. render an image of the chart in SVG? Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

I have observed your requirement for enhanced size chart object in slide SVG. There is no option to set the resolution of image in SVG. However as a workaround, you can increase the slide size on run-time to a desired size and generate the slide SVG image. I have shared the sample code with you in another forum thread as well regarding enhancing slide size and ultimately increasing the respective shapes size on slides. I hope this will be helpful.

Many Thanks,