Exporting Visio to PDF

Hello

I downloaded Total .NET (only DLL) for Evaluation without getting temporary license. I tried exporting visio documents to PDF, but the content of resulting PDF file is jumbled, overlapped, unaligned and some of the images are missing. Is it because I didn’t used temporary license or something different.

I am using is Aspose.Diagram.dll 1.6.0.

Diagram diagram = new Diagram(visioFileName);
MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
diagram.Save(pdfStream, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
byte[] pdfContent = pdfStream.GetBuffer();
pdfStream.Close();
FileStream fStream = File.Create(tmpFolderPath);
fStream.Write(pdfContent, 0, (int)pdfContent.Length);
fStream.Close();

Thank you

Hi Upasana,

Yes, you are right, certain number of shapes can be rendered to PDF when working in evaluation mode. You need to get a temporary license in order to see correct output. You can also attach your sample file to enable us to confirm if this is the only reason for weird output.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I got license and used it in my code. Now I am getting ArgumentOutOfRangeException

"Count cannot be less than zero. Parameter name:Count" at line

diagram.Save(tmpFolderPath,SaveFileFormat.PDF);

I have no clue, what count the parameter is refering to. Page count on my visio is 1 and shapes count is 53. My visio document contains only ER diagrams.

Also, Converting PPT to PDF throws me InvalidOperationException: The font is not recognised as a true type font. I know adobe supports only 14 core fonts, but How do I get around it?

Thank you for your response.

Hi Upasana,

Can you please attach your sample file for further analysis?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Attached are two files. One is presentation file and other is visio file.
I am still unable to solve true font type exception on ppt file.

Thanks

Hi Upasana,

VSD to PDF issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-31970. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Regarding true font type exception, please report this issue in Aspose.Slides forum http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.slides-product-family/109/showforum.aspx where Aspose.Slides representative can provide you further details. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Any updates on this issue? Any idea how long it might take to address this issue?

Thanks

Hi Upasana,

Sorry, this issue is not resolved yet. I have requested an ETA from the development team and let you know as soon as I get an update on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Upasana,

Due to some complexities in this issue and some other pending issues it has been planned for February, 2012 release but we will try to resolve this issue earlier (if possible). Please let us know if this issue is urgent or showstopper for you.

Best Regards,

Yes Muhammad, We are holding our purchasing decision on this issue to be resolved. Do you have any further updates on this issue?

Thanks

Hi Upasana,

This issue requires several other issues to be resolved as well and the plan was to resolve all related issues till February. The priority of this issue has been raised and we will try to fix this issue as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as the updated plan is ready.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your response. I was wondering, what count is it referring to? When I tried with other visio files, it works and looks fine too (though PDF rendering is not exactly as in Visio files).

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I have another issue regarding visio conversion to PDF. PDF is not rendering dotted lines properly. Attached are original and PDF files. Could you please have a look?

Thanks

Hi Upasana,

First PDF issue seems to be resolved now and it will be included in the coming release. Dotted lines issue (Issue ID: 32525) has been logged into our issue tracking system and we will keep you updated on this issue in this thread. A similar issue was resolved in the previous release for image rendering but not for PDF. Hopefully, this feature will be included soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

That’s great! When is your next releasing date?

Thanks

Hi,

Next release will be published at the end of December.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 31970) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-32525) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.