Extended Attribute Values

I’ve been using the method below to get custom field values from Project Files. I have recently discovered this does not give me the actual text of a field in the case of lookup fields. In this case, I get a value returned which is the presumably the id# of the lookup value. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

public static string GetExtendedAttribute(this Task tsk, string Alias)
{
foreach (ExtendedAttribute ea in tsk.ExtendedAttribute)
{
if (ea.AttributeDefinition.Alias != null && ea.AttributeDefinition.Alias == Alias)
{
return ea.Value;
}
}
return “”;
}

Hi,

Thank you a lot for your question!

Could you please provide as with additional information as project file format and version of MS Project you are using and the file sample? You can send the file directly using e-mail option or attach it to the forum thread.

We need the data to investigate the problem at our side.

Hi,

I have added an interim hot fix to this post. Could you please check it at your side?

I have linked an issue “Incorrect reading extended attributes’ values from MS Project 2007 MPP files.” to this forum thread.

Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

This is awesome. Works exactly as expected now.

Thanks for the quick response!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20859) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.