We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extended Attributes from MPP

Significant progress … many thanks!!!

I am able to create an MPP w/o errors. The MPP still needs the extended attributes for tasks and resources and some data for the time phased data for assignments.

Nice work.

Here is the data I’m providing:

Saved MPP file
XML version from the MPP
Saved XML file (exactly the same as the MPP file).

I then compared the two XML files and found the files to align very nicely.

Once the extended attributes are in place, I’ll be able to do a round trip. And start to test in more detail.

Many thanks! Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,


Thank you for the feedback.

With the release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.6.0, writing updated Extended Attribute Definitions and Values to 2003, 2007 and 2010 MPP files is supported now.

Can you please elaborate what extended attributes for tasks/ resource and time phased data for assignments are missing/incorrect? It will be of great help to us if you can identify the problematic areas with the help of screenshots from your reference files or provide some specific details about these. Also, please identify us the files that were saved with Aspose.Tasks API. If you can provide us some code snippet to reproduce the issue at our end, we will be thankful to you for this.


Hi,

I have provided:

1) The MPP file created by the application (EventDP2_MPP_RT_000.MPP)
2) The XML file created when I saved the MPP file using MS Project (EventDP2_MPP_RT_000_FROM_MPP.xml)
3) The XML file created by the application (from exactly the same data) … (EventDP2_MPP_RT_000.XML)

If you look at the MPP file, you will see the file created by Aspose.Tasks.

If you do a file compare between the XML created directly and the XML saved by MS Project. you will see the missing extended attributes and any other differences. (I use Altova DiffDog)

I have already provided the code used in my application. It has not changed. The XML file (EventDP2_MPP_RT_000.XML) does open in MS Project and does have recognized extended attributes. So I assume that my code is working ok. (the same code made the MPP file).

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the feedback.

To further analyze the issue, I used the code that you shared earlier to generate MPP and XML files and then saved the MPP as XML using MSP. I observed that this code generates 4 tasks only and there were some differences in the extended attributes information. It seems that you have used some different code to generate the files as these contain a total of 121 tasks and the data is too huge to compare and observe the differences.

We would request you to please confirm us if the code you used for reporting this issue is the same as shared earlier? Moreover, if you could please refer some specific extended attributes for missing information, that will help us investigate the issue quickly and assist you further. If possible, a screenshot of both the files side by side with differences highlighted will be of great help to us. We will look into this as soon as possible and report it to our development team for further investigation.


Here the sample code is attached for your reference which you shared earlier.

Hi,

I am using my application (a product based planning tool) and the typical sample that I use for training. 121 tasks is a small plan. I’m happy to provide my application for your testing.

I’m surprised you don’t have an XML comparison tool. Altova DiffDog works fine on much larger plans.

I’ve updated the three tasks (simple test case) and same problem. I’ve added a line to write out the extended attributes for each task

you will see that the XML output contains the extended attributes. You will also see that the XML saved by MS Project does not contain the extended attributes. When I read in the MPP file into the application, the extended attributes are missing.

You will also notice that there are many other differences between the two xml files created by the application. I will investigate every difference once I can read / write the MPP files.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,


I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have tried to make the recent sample code executable, but as its little lengthy code and few references were also missing so I could not make it run.

However using previous sample code I created the MPP and XML files. This new XML was opened in the XML editor, and extended attribute was visible there. Then I opened the MPP in MSP 2010 and saved it as XML. Then I reviewed this saved XML and observed that extended attributes were different from that of Aspose.Tasks generated file.

I opened the newly created MPP using Aspose.Tasks and observed that it had no extended attribute.

I have passed all these information to the development team and raised an investigation in our bug tracking system. Developers will analyze it and whatever the outcome will be, that will be notified to you on forum here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this regard.

This investigation is logged as TASKS-33216 in our bug tracking system.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33216) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.