External data

In Excel, you can define external data that is collected from an external database.

Does Aspose.Cells execute the ODBC call and refresh the data into the spreadsheet when the spreadsheet is loaded. If not, how can the external data be refreshed ?

Same question for aspose.gridweb.

thank you,

guido

Hi Guido,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support. `

I am afraid, Aspose.Cells APIs do not offer any means to bind the spreadsheet to external data sources in order to retrieve/refresh the data. The Aspose.Cells APIs can only retrieve the information about the SQL data connection if previously present in a spreadsheet.

We will discuss the matter internally to check the feasibility of your requested feature, and update you once we conclude our analysis.

Hello
Any news?
We need to refresh the pivot tables with this external data (SQL SERVER)

Thanks

Hi there,

I am afraid, the Aspose.Cells APIs currently do not support refreshing the Pivot Table having external data source. We will check with the product team on this requirement and update you here regarding estimated time frame for the implementation.

Ok

Awaiting the response of estimated time for implementation then

Hi again,

I have checked with the product team, and I regret to inform you that your requested feature is currently not on the road map of Aspose.Cells APIs. However, we have logged a formal request under the ticket CELLSNET-44083 to schedule the feasibility analysis in order to estimate the time required for the implementation.

That said, it would be appropriate that you should create a new thread with your requirement so we could attached the aforementioned ticket for automated notifications regarding this feature.