Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extra characters present in HTML output of excel

Hello,


I am using Aspose.Cells v17.5 to generate HTML output of the attached excel file. In the HTML output, extra characters are coming which are not present in the excel. These extra characters are also present in PDF or PNG outputs.

Following code is used to generate the HTML:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);
workbook.save(“aspose response.htm”, new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML));

Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,


Thanks for the template file, screenshot and sample code.

Well, I opened your attached output .htm file into the browser (IE), it is fine tuned, see the screenshot for your reference:
http://prntscr.com/f9lcmu

Then, I again opened your output file into non-IE browser e.g Google chrome and found the issue which you are talking about. I confirmed and I think this is browser issue and nothing to do with Aspose.Cells APIs. I opened your template Excel file into MS Excel and then save the HTML file as “Web page”. Now when I open this HTML file into Google chrome, it shows the same issue. Thus this is browser issue. Generally the HTML created by Aspose.Cells/Excel should be opened fine (and contents are displayed fine) into IE browser types.

Thank you.

Hello,


Thanks for your reply.

The html renders fine in IE, but ideally it should also render properly in Chrome.

Additionally, the same characters are also present in PDF and PNG output, which I have attached here for your reference.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,


Thanks for providing us further details and sample files.

We were able to observe the two issues as per your description and screenshots by converting your template file to HTML and PDF/image.

We have logged these issues in our database for product team investigation. Once, any the following issues is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know immediately:
  • CELLSJAVA-42298 - Extra characters present in HTML output of Excel file
  • CELLSJAVA-42299 - Extra characters present in output PDF/image of Excel file

Thank you.

Hi,


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.5.3:

Your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42299”) should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,


We are pleased to inform you that we have also fixed your other issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42298”). We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.5.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42298;CELLSJAVA-42299) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.6.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.