Extra space added to Headers/Footers containing (un)ordered lists when saving Rtf file

Hi Support,

When I try to save a Rtf document containing numbered/bullet list in the header or footer,
extra space is added between the bullet/number and the text.

Let’s say that ‘->’ is the tab mark in word.
If the header/footer of my Rtf document is the text below:
  • ->text
The result when saving with Aspose.Words is as follows:
  • -> text

I used Aspose.Words 14.4.0 then I ugraded to the latest version of Aspose.Words (14.5.0) .
I tried to save to other formats ( .doc and .docx) but I still have the save result, the extra spaces are still added.

Here is a sample code:

var filename=“Original.rtf”;
var rtfToWord = new Aspose.Words.Document(filename);
rtfToWord.Save(“saved.rtf”);
rtfToWord.Save(“RtfToDocx.docx”, SaveFormat.Docx);
rtfToWord.Save(“RtfToDoc.doc”, SaveFormat.Doc);

Please find attached the sample file ‘Original.rtf’ that I used for my tests and ‘saved.rtf’, ‘RtfToDocx.docx’ and ‘RtfToDoc.doc’ the results of the sample code.

Is there any workaround to prevent saving the header/footer with the extra space?

Thank you,

Lea

Hi Lea,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side with output RTF.

For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10405. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.6.0 from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/entry557799.aspx

There is no issue with output Doc and Docx. Aspose.Words mimics the same behaviour as MS Word does. If you convert your RTF to Doc/Docx using MS Word, you will get the same output.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10405) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.