Extract Content between Bookmark does not Work using .NET

Hi

The method works fine in most documents but not for mergefields inside a table cell.

https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/how-to-extract-selected-content-between-nodes-in-a-document

I am trying to get all the mergefields inside the bookmarks by creating a new document out of the extracted contents. The contents of the bookmarks dont contain any nodes after the exceution of the ExtractContent-Method you provided.

Code Example:

ArrayList extractedNodesInclusive = ExtractContent(bookmarkStart, bookmarkEnd, true);
Document tmpDoc = GenerateDocument(doc, extractedNodesInclusive);|

Example document is attached here
EAnlageBlatt.zip (29.8 KB)

Do you have a solution for this?

Thanks

@danielbrunner

Could you please share the bookmark name that you used in ExtractContent method here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you information on it.

@tahir.manzoor

In this example i looped through all the available bookmarks. It does not work for either of them. Examples are:

• EGeschichte
  • ELeistungen
  • ETarifApparate
  • EUeberwachungen
  • EVerbraucher

@danielbrunner

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@danielbrunner

Please use the following code example to get the correct output.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "EAnlageBlatt.dot");
int i = 1;
foreach (Bookmark bookmark in doc.Range.Bookmarks)
{
    Console.WriteLine(bookmark.Text);
    List<Node> extractedNodesInclusive = ExtractContentHelper.ExtractContent(bookmark.BookmarkStart, bookmark.BookmarkEnd, true);

Document dstDoc = ExtractContentHelper.GenerateDocument(doc, extractedNodesInclusive);
    dstDoc.Save(MyDir + "ExtractContent.ExtractContentBetweenBookmark.IncludingBookmark_" + bookmark.Name + ".docx");
}

Please get the code of ExtractContentHelper class from here:

https://github.com/aspose-words/Aspose.Words-for-.NET