Extract/convert formula based on input and output cells

I’m looking to use Aspose Cells as a calculation engine for a very large excel tool using java. I only need to define a few cells as inputs and other cells as outputs.

For example, I put a value into cell #1 and I want to get the output of cell #2. The issue is that the formula in cell #2 refers to many different preceding cells in different worksheets which also have formulas pointing to other cells.

Does Aspose provide a way of serializing/extracting/compiling these formulas in an efficient way based on inputs and outputs that can be saved to the disk and be reloaded in the future so I wouldn’t have to load the entire workbook again for each run?

Or is there a way to convert the formula into a java function that takes inputs and returns calculated outputs without having to modify the underlying workbook cells and recalculate in Aspose?

@jsmith1987,

Aspose.Cells API works same as MS Excel and would need to get values from the cells and calculate the same way MS Excel performs. It does not offer serializing of data so you can check if some java classes can be used after reading values from cells. Otherwise Aspose.Cells needs to load the workbook every time you need to work with it. Moreover, the formulas can not be converted to java function because java can not parse MS Excel formulas itself. You can achieve almost any functionality with Aspose.Cells API that is possible with MS Excel.