Extract metadata and write metadata

Hi,
I need a some details about this product.
Can this library handle DWG format? Can it handle metadata extraction? If yes, what about XREF metadata? Can I see that? if yes, can I modify it?.

Thanks.

@msaei,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.CAD does support rendering of DWG file formats. Can you please share the source DWG file along with requirement that which metadata you want to extract using Aspose.CAD on your end.

Hi mudassir,
We don’t need render DWG files. We are looking for something able to read and write metadata attached to DWG files. In particular we are interested in a metadata called XREF.

@msaei,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present the requested support is unavailable. An issue with ID CADNET-415 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

@msaei,

At present, we have xref metadata information, like position, scale, rotation, and other available using Aspose.CAD. The following example shows how to find xref in entities list and get it metadata.

using (CadImage image = (CadImage)Image.Load(fileName))
  {
   foreach (CadBaseEntity entity in image.Entities)
     {
	if (entity is CadUnderlay)
          {
            //XREF entity with metadata
            Cad3DPoint insertionPoint = ((CadUnderlay) entity).InsertionPoint;
            string path = ((CadUnderlay) entity).UnderlayPath;
           }
     }
  }

I hope the shared information will be helpful.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADNET-415) have been fixed in Aspose.CAD for .NET 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.