Extract Vector Images from Aspose.Pdf.Kit

It looks like this feature is not available in Aspose.Pdf.Kit? If yes, could you please give an example how to do it? If not, can can tell whether a page contains vector images, shapes or drawings. Thanks.

Hi Tony,

Could you please clarify whether you want to convert the PDF pages to vector images or you have some PDF file containing vector images inside and you want to extract those images? Also, please share a sample PDF file with us, so we could better understand your requirement and guide you accordingly.

Regards,

My goal is to take all images out of a PDF. Raster images work fine with the current Aspose.Pdf.Kit, but vector images is not returned.

Because vector images is not extracted by Aspose.Pdf.Kit, I have to seek something else, but I would like Aspose.Pdf.Kit is able to take me if a given PDF page contains vector images or not.

Like attached PDF file, I need to take the chemical structures out.

Hi Tony,

I have first tried to extract image using Adobe Acrobat, however I received the following message:

“Acrobat could not extract any images from this document. Only images that contain bitmap or raster data can be extracted.”.

I’m afraid, extracting vector images from the PDF files is not actually supported by PDF specification, so it won’t be feasible for Aspose.Pdf.Kit to extract those images.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,