Extracted Text from PDF will be with formatting?

Hi ..

I am just wandering whether the text extracted from pdf file will consistd default formating?

ie; If heading is bold etc;

I am thinking of binding the extracted text to rich text editor for editing purpose and so after update

create pdf on the fly from saved content from database.

Regards,

Santosh

Hello Santosh,

I am sorry to inform you that, this feature is not yet supported and we cannot support it in short time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Is extracting text with format is not supported or extracting book mark text ie;my initial requirement is not supported?

Please let me know I can look for any other options.

Regards,

Santosh

Hello Santosh,

Extraction of text with formatting information is not supported.

Whereas Aspose.Pdf.Kit provides the facility to extract the Bookmarks from Pdf file. You can use ExtractBookMarks method in PdfContentEditor class. You can also extract the Bookmarks text into XML file using ExportBookmarksToXML or even you can extract the Bookmarks and save them as HTML file using ExtractBookmarksToHTML methods.

For more related information, please visit ExtractBookMarks.

If it does not satisfy your requirement, please share more details regarding the feature your are looking for. We would be pleased to answer your queries.

Hi ...

Thanks for your response.

Bookmark content can be extracted,do you mean text with in book mark?

Eg

Book Mark1

-----------------------------------

Some Text in Book mark1

-----------------------------------

Book Mark 2

---------------------------------

Some Text in Book mark2

---------------------------------

Is it possible to get Book mark1 and Some Text in Book mark1 into XML?

Regards,

Santosh

Hello Santosh,

I am sorry to inform you that extraction of Bookmarks contents along with bookmark title is not yet supported. ExportBookmarksToXML method returns Title, target page number, Color and Associated action type information.

We apologize for your inconvenience.