Extracting an image and saving it as a Jpeg

Hi,

I am using an old version of Aspose.Cells (2.0). I am trying to extract an image from an excel sheet and save it in a jpeg format. I checked this link in the public forum for aspose.cells (Extract Images from Worksheets using ImageOrPrintOptions|Documentation)

However, in the example ToImage() takes a string value as the first parameter, but in my version of Aspose.Cells, it takes a stream value.

Can you guys please help me with an example on how to solve this?
Let me know if you need any other information from my end.

Regards,
Neel

Hi Neel,

Well, since you are using some older version of the product so we are not sure about it and cannot help you much. We recommend you to kindly use our latest version. Please download our latest version/fix:e.g Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.5.2
it works absolutely fine and the example mentioned on the article/document works fine with it:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Extract+Images+from+Worksheets+using+ImageOrPrintOptions

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad for the information.

Now, I would like to know if the Aspose.Cells Version-7.3.4.0 is backward compatible with version 4.8.1.9? If I add the latest version of the dll as a reference to my project, do I need to make anychanges to the syntax of the previously written Aspose.Cells codes?

For an example, I noticed that there are some changes in the between the two versions in creating a Worksheet object. (there is no such Type called Worksheets in the latest Version unlike the mentioned older version that I am using currently)

Please confirm me on this with the correct information.

Regards,
Neel

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

First of all, we wish you a great 2013 year. :slight_smile:

We are afraid, the version you mentioned is quite old, there has been many changes and enhancements since then, so it will not be fully back-ward compatible, you will have to upgrade your code and fix some compile time errors and warnings.

However, upgrading code will not be as difficult because most changes will occur creating and using Style objects. Earlier, there was a Cell.Style property but now it is replaced with Cell.GetStyle() and Cell.SetStyle() method.