Extracting embedded excel objects from word 2003 document

Hi

I am using the trail version of Aspose to check the features. When I input a word 2003 document with an embedded excel object, Aspose has converted that embedded excel to an image instead of the data. Is there any way that it can be read as a word table without converting as an image.

I would appreciate your help and quick response on this.

Regards,
Kishore

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. There is no way to read embedded Excel table as Word table. However, using Aspose.Words you can extract embedded Excel sheet. Please see OleFormat for more information:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.drawing/oleformat/
Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards.

Hi

Thanks a lot for the reply. I could extract the embedded excel and save it.
Now, does Aspose provide any way to extract only the visible range(only the cells that are visible in the Word doc)? I have searched for properties, but there is no such property or method which gives it. Is there any way to extract only the visible range of the embedded excel using Aspose?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document here? I will check it and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi,

Attached is the document, which contains an embedded excel object. The excel has 2 sheets, but in the document, only a portion of the first worksheet is present. My requirement is that, in the extracted excel, I want only the cells that are visible in the Word document to be present. Is there any way I can do it?

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, there is no way to get this information using Aspose.Words. You can only extract whole object using Aspose.Words.
Best regards.

Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I was wondering if this issue is still true today, or can Aspose now extract just the visible portion of an embedded Excel worksheet/workbook?

Thanks for any insight.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words does not provide APIs to extract the visible portion of an embedded Excel worksheet/workbook. However, you can extract the whole Excel document from Word document.

We have logged a feature request as WORDSNET-13393 to extract the visible portion of an embedded Excel from Word document. Our product team will look into the possibility of implementation of this feature. Once we have any information about this feature, we will update you via this forum thread.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your patience. It is to update you that we have closed the issue (WORDSNET-13393) with ‘‘Won’t Fix’’ resolution. You can extract the whole Excel document from Word document.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.