Extracting embedded video from PPTX (2010 format)

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Slides for extracting data from pptx files. Apparently, the 2010 version of pptx allows videos to be truly embedded in the slides (rather than just being linked) and I would like to know if the Aspose API currently allows one to extract the video’s binary data.
If this is not currently supported, when can we expect Aspose.slides java functionality for this powerpoint 2010 feature to roll out?

Best,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

I like to share that at the moment Aspose.Slides only support link to videos in presentation. An issue with ID 27960 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate this issue and provide the support for extracting video data from presentation. I will share the further information with you once it is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks,
Awaiting your reply!

Also, it seems that the methods for checking if audio is embedded, and extracting embedded audio does not work for versions after powerpoint 2008. Is that something that is being worked on too?

Thanks again,
Gaurav

In case it helps, I’ve using Powerpoint for Mac.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the added piece of information as it may prove helpful while resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,