Extracting images

I am testing extracting images. I have it working fine but I have a docx file that has an image in it but it isn’t being seen (or extracted) using the sample code. I took a close look at this image and it appears to be a “Microsoft Office Graphic Object” (according to “Paste Special”). Is there some way I can get these images as well?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document with image here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I can’t at the moment. I can’t send you the file I am using (it is classified and on a closed network). I will try and create you an example with Word 2007 but I don’t have that on my unclassified machine at Work. I am not actually sure how to insert this type of graphic into a document but I will see what I can figure out.

In the document in question, when you single-click the image (made up of multiple images it seems) it has an unusual border. I looked into things further and it seems objects that are “SmartArt” have this same border so I can only assume that this is some sort of SmartArt that is in this document. This is a feature of Office 2007. Can Aspose.Words extract images from SmartArt objects or the SmartArt objects themselves?

Hi Todd,

Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support SmartArt at the moment. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

Best regards.

When do you anticipate providing support for SmartArt? Also, is there a list of features of the Office 2007 file format that aren’t supported by Aspose?

Hello,

We are currently working on adding support for SmartArt in our product. Partial support will most likely be released in July-August 2010.

Unfortunately, there is no list of unsupported features. https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/product-overview/ contains a list of features that are supported.

Regards,

So, I don’t care about being able to create or manipulate SmartArt with Aspose at the moment. I just want it to not disappear from documents just because I opened them with Aspose to add a custom document property. Is it possibe to fix that issue earlier?
In fact, I would bet that most customers would prefer that you avoid losing features of a document just because you don’t have an object model for manipulating them.
Our customers are going to be upset that we (you) are trashing their documents.

Hello

Thank you for additional information. We are hoping SmartArt will be supported for the update due sometime in June. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just resolve the problem or provide you more information.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10003) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(70)

Hello
This thread is flagged vith “Java” but the update is for .NET?
I have trouble with SmartArt when converting DOCX to PDF, HMTL etc. It is being “thrown away”.
Any status for this issue for Java?
regards, Carsten

Hi
Thanks for your request. The latest version of Aspose.Words for Java also includes this fix. You can download the latest version form here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java
Best regards,

Hi.
I’am already using this edition. Can you provide some sample code and maybe a document that works?

Hi
Thank you for additional information. The fix was for preserving SmartArt objects upon processing DOCX documents. To preserve SmartArt in other formats, it should be rendered to images. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support rendering of SmartArt at the moment.
Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7396) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4987) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.1 update.