Extraction of text from image in .NET

We have purchased Aspose.OCR Product Family Business Support license version. Our application is in .net. Our requirement is to extract text from an image file, but whatever we are getting test, maximum case it is wrong and some cases it is partly corrected.

Here is no scope to upload a sample image. Please guide me. I am using the below code.

// The path to the documents directory.
        string dataDir = RunExamples.GetDataDir_OCR();

Aspose.OCR.License license = new Aspose.OCR.License();
        license.SetLicense("MyLicense.lic");

// Initialize an instance of OcrEngine
        OcrEngine ocrEngine = new OcrEngine();

// Clear notifier list
        ocrEngine.ClearNotifies();

// Clear recognition blocks
        ocrEngine.Config.ClearRecognitionBlocks();

ocrEngine.Config.DetectTextRegions = false;           

// Set Image property by loading an image from file path            
        ocrEngine.Image = ImageStream.FromFile(dataDir + "SampleScanCopy.jpg"); 

if (ocrEngine.Process())
        {
            Console.WriteLine(ocrEngine.Text);
        }

@vijaya.marthandan,

You can share the sample with us by using upload option available in the menu bar of reply window. You may also share Dropbox or Google drive links with us to download.

SampleScanCopy.jpg (266.7 KB)
Thanks for guide. I have uploaded the sample scan copy. Please review this and guide me where I have made mistake. I have checked it in a free online OCR https://www.onlineocr.net/. I got correct one.

@vijaya.marthandan,

Thank you for sharing sample with us. We have investigated the issue at our end. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. the issue has been logged into our system with ID OCR-64. We will update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

Furthermore you can try Aspose.OCR for Cloud. You may post your inquiry on OCR for Cloud support forum for further assistance.

@ikram.haq

Can you please describe why we have to use cloud environment. We have a product and that product will be used by our client and document will be secure document. So cloud environment should be avoid. Please advice.

@vijaya.marthandan,

We are not saying that you have to use Aspose.OCR for Cloud. You had shared a reference to a 3rd party which is an online service that is why we have shared Aspose.OCR for Cloud with you. Furthermore the issue has been logged. We will update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.