Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ExtractMessage Error

Using the ExtractMessage(MessageInfo) routine (.Net and Java)


throws the error “No data is available for encoding 50000.” and does not load the message.

- The messages say that the encoding is UserDefined
- The messages can be opened by Outlook

If i extract the message by another means and load the .msg file from the filessystem it can be opened and processed normally.

Hi William,


We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

I have tried to reproduce this issue at my end with a sample PST that contains a number of messages, but couldn’t get success. It seems this issue arises due to some encoding issue at your end. Can you please provide us with your sample PST that we can use to reproduce this issue at our end? We will look into it and try to assist you further as soon as possible.

Also, I would recommend you to please use the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.5.0 in your applications.

I have updated to version 2.5.0 and the message is the same.


Attached is the sample file.

Hi William,


Thank you for providing the supporting material.

I was able to reproduce the issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.5.0, and have logged it in our issue tracking system under issue id: NETWORKNET-33618. Development team will look into it and once we have any information in this regard, we will update you via this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33618) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.