Extremely slow

Hello, I am evaluating the Tasks API.

My program creates thousands of tasks and subtasks and ResourceAssignments.

After inserting few hundreds of task, it becomes extremely slow. After inserting more than 1 thousand tasks, it takes almost 1 second to insert each task.

I attached my routine.

Am I doing something stupid or it does not work for big projects?

Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The slow response depends on the project calculation mode that is set for the project. If the project calculation mode is set to automatic, it takes comparatively more time than if the calculation mode is set to non-automatic i.e. Manual or None.

Irrespective of the settings, I tested the issue at my end with a 2000 tasks and resource assignments to these. It took almost 45 seconds on my testing machine in Automatic calculation mode and almost 5 seconds in Manual mode. However, I was not able to run your sample code as it is not compilable and is missing dependencies. Can you please share your complete sample project with us for further investigation at our end? We shall look into it and assist you further.



How do I do that? How do I set calculation mode to none, insert my tasks and in the end turn on automatic calculation again?

There is a method setCalculationMode(int). But it receives an int? How to use it?

It would be much better if it received an enum. API would be self explanatory. An int does not mean anything to me.

Please help.

Hi Rodrigo,

We have further worked out this issue at our end and found it to be a problem with the Resource Assignments. If no resource assignments are made, the code executes in expected practical time. For further investigation, the issue has been logged in our issue tracking system with id:
TASKS-33974. Our product team will look into it further and we’ll notify you here once there is some update available in this regard.

Yeah, you are right.

Turning off the automatic calculations sove the problem with tasks and resources, but resource assignments still deadly slow. It take seconds to insert each one! Unfortunately it is a deal breaker for me.


Hi Rodrigo,

The issue is under investigation by our product team and once there is some update available in this regard, we’ll post you with the information. We regret the inconvenience caused to you in the subject matter.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33974) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.