Facing a problem while reading Outline numbered text

Hi

I am using Aspose.Words version 3.7.0.0, I am facing a problem while parsing a word document. If paragraph being read contains Outline numbered text, the ParagraphFormat.IsListItem returns false, While i expect to get true and then read its (ListLevelNumber) paragraph.ListFormat.ListLevelNumber.

Is it a bug or there is some other way of doing it.

regards
Vivek Bahl

Please attach a sample document. I will check this up.

Hi,

please find attached below a sample document which exhibits the same issue i talked about.

regards

vivek bahl

It looks like a bug. Paragraph.IsListItem property sometimes is not working properly. I have logged this problem to out defect base as issue #1176. We will try to fix it in the next release which will be published in 1-2 weeks from now.

Best regards,

To work around you can use the Paragraph.ListFormat.IsListItem property. It seems to work properly.

The problem was caused by the fact that Paragraph.IsListItem returned true only if the paragraph had list formatting directly applied to it, but had not worked when an outine numbering was applied via the paragraph style.

In general, outline numbering and lists numbering linked to paragraph styles is not handled well in the current model yet. We have made a fix that makes Paragraph.IsListITem to invoke Paragraph.ListFormat.IsListITem, but in general, there are still could be issues with outline numbered lists.

The fix is implemented in Aspose.Words 4.0.2 which is now available for download.