Facing issues with Thai language support

Hi,

1. Thai consonants are placed in wrong position in the PDF output with major Windows fonts such as Arial, Angsana New, Times New Roman (These fonts can place Thai consonants elsewhere).
  2. Thai has word wrapping occurring too early in the PDF output.

Can you please let us know how to fix these issues?
Thanks,
Kundana.

@Kundana

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering document to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you’re converting documents to PDF. Please refer to the following article:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document, fonts that are used in your document, and problematic PDF here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Please find the attached zip for all the files we used to reproduce this issue. The test case is pretty simple and is in testPDF.java file. All the relevant fonts and output files are also update. Issue is highlighted in WordWrappingProblemAsposePDFvsWord.png.
Thanks,
Kundana.

@Kundana

Unfortunately, we have not found any attachment in your post. Please attach the resources again. Thanks for your cooperation.

Attachment attached.

@Kundana,

I am afraid, we do not see any attachments in this thread. If your file size is big then you may upload the ZIP file to Dropbox or any other file hosting service and share the download link here for testing.

Please download the attachment from this location.

@Kundana,

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17653. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

We have opened Thai.docx at our end in MS Word 2016. The word wrapping is same as in output PDF. Please check the attached screenshot.

@tahir.manzoor

I see in the screenshot the gauge is centimeters whereas mine is inch. Also, we shall check if the page size setting is same as yours.

Can you share with us your Word version, OS version, page setting and any other parameters that you think would effect this? Our word is also 2016 - MSO(16.0.4738.1000 64-bit). OS is Windows10.
Thanks.

@Kundana,

Thanks for your inquiry. We used MS Word 2016 MSO (16.0.10827.20181) 64-bit at Windows 10 to test this scenario.

@tahir.manzoor
For Thai, Windows/Office are same as ours.

Would you please provide screenshots of Word File --> Options, as like seen in the screenshots I attached. Also system/user locale information. e.g. Windows Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region --> Region. Screen shot of Formats/Location/Administrative tabs.
1101ThaiWordwrap.zip (412.4 KB)

Thanks,

@Kundana,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check the attached screenshots. ScreenShots.zip (278.7 KB)

@tahir.manzoor

I tried to set my word setting same as your setting but no luck to get same word wrapping as yours.
On the contrary, in the previous attachment of yours, you are missing following important screenshots.

1. Word. File > Options > Advanced tab. You took screenshots until “Show document content” section. However I need to see all the ones below.
  2. Windows Control Panel > Region. Format tab, location tab, administrative tab.

In addition, Would you please get:
3) Angasana New’s font version. e.g. C:\windows\fonts go to Angasana New > Angasana New Regular. What version does it show? Mine is 5.05.
4) Word. Layout > Margins. Please provide the screenshot.

Attached is my settings to help you know what I am asking. (For 1, MyWordSetting_advanced2.png from previous zip contains my setting.)
1126toAspose.zip (195.7 KB)
Thanks,
Kundana

@Kundana,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have attached all requested screenshots. ScreenShot.zip (333.5 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17653) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 24.3 update.