Facing Problem while converting RVM to FBX using Aspose 3D

Hi, I’m using Aspose.3D for Java 23.10 and I faced some problem while converting RVM file to FBX.
Almost of all RVM files are convert very well but some files get exception and couldn’t be convert it.

Here is the exception log.
Exception in thread “main” com.aspose.threed.ExportException: Cannot assign field “_objectId” because the return value of “com.aspose.threed.IMeshConvertible.toMesh()” is null

To solve this problem, I tried debugging and found out the reason for exception.
In API References, “toMesh()” at Cylinder class returns the Mesh object. I found that if the value of “radiusTop” and “radiusBottom” are not greater than 0.0, it return NULL.

Among the RVM files I have, the radiusTop and radiusBottom of a specific cylinder seem to be 0.0, and this seems to be why the exception occurs.

So can I request a hotfix to allow the radius of the cylinder to contain 0 to resolve this issue?
If it’s difficult, please tell me another way.

@metacle

Would you please share your sample source file and the sample code snippet for our reference? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

@metacle
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): THREEDJAVA-310

As a workaround, you can manually adjust the cylinder’s radius to a value extremely close to zero before saving it to FBX.

Thank you for gave me a proper solution. As you wrote, I adjust the cylinder’s radius 0 to 0.01 and Conversion from RVM files to FBX works fine. But When I open the FBX file in Unity, some models are rotated in different directions, and I found this abnormal value in “Lcl Rotation” among the property values ​​of a specific model in FBX Ascii.

Lcl Rotation", “Lcl Rotation”, “”, “A”,180,-9223372036854775808,-9223372036854775808

So, is there any way to solve this problem through API? If not, what should I do?

@metacle
We’ve identified the root cause of this issue. The file was exported from Maya and appears to use an unsupported transformation formula. I’m actively working on incorporating support for Maya’s transformation formula to address this matter.