Facing problems of junk data and attachment in Aspose.Email for .Net under MAC operating system

Dear Support,

I am using trail version of Aspose.Email for .Net under MAC operating system. Using this library I am converting mbox file to pst. But I am facing two problems after conversion.

1. Library converting(writing) only three attachments PST file. Is it limitation of Aspose.Email for .Net
    library.

2. Another problem is related to junk data. When ever I convert mails(mbox) of Japnese, Chinese
    and some other language and import newly created PST file into MS Outlook for Mac, then
    few mail’s data(body of mails) is displaying as junk data. On the other hand original mail client
    displaying in correct form.

@qtsoft,

Please share your sample input file and code that you are trying at your end. This will help us investigate the issue and assist you further.

Hi,

I am attaching three files . File alpha.zip is original mbox file, which is converted into pst and imports converted pst into Outlook for Mac. Original_Data_ScreenShots.zip contains screenshots of mail into Thunderbird and Converted_Data_imported_into_Outlook_for_Mac.zip contains screenshots of mail into outlook form mac. You will see the red oval shape pointing to junk data in screenshots Converted_Data_imported_into_Outlook_for_Mac.zip.

alpha.zip (42.4 KB)
Original_Data_ScreenShots.zip (967.1 KB)
Converted_Data_imported_into_Outlook_for_Mac.zip (622.8 KB)

Thanks

@qtsoft ,

Could you please share the code sample you are trying at your end? We are getting NullReferenceException when trying the following code at our end and are not able to investigate it further.

string filePath = Path.Combine(path, "alpha.mbox");
PersonalStorage storage = MailStorageConverter.MboxToPst(filePath,
                                                         Path.Combine(path, "output.pst"));

I am using the same code mentioned by you. But it is converting some data as junk data.

Thanks

@qtsoft,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’ll look into it and assist you further in this regard.

Hi,

Have you any update?

Thanks

@qtsoft,

We apologize for the delay. We are investigating the issue you reported and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@qtsoft,

Please share your complete runnable Visual Studio sample project with us. We are continuously getting Null Reference Exception for your sample input file and, hence, we are not able to investigate the issue further. This will help us investigate it quickly and assist you further. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Dear Support,

Which kind of sample project you need ? As I have tolled you, I am using the same code mentioned by you. If you need sample project with that code I can create and upload that.

Thanks

@qtsoft,

Please create a sample project in Visual Studio for Mac along with the input file that you are trying to convert to PST and share the project with us. The project should be in runnable form so that we can just open and execute it at our end for investigating the issue further.

The 2nd problem happened with me and due to the junk data, my computer became very slow. So I installed the IOLO system mechanic to clear the junk data. Now my system is working well.