Fail to load all pages while generating word file with .doc extension

Hello,
I am generating a .doc file having 3 pages in it, however it fails to load the 3rd page in Word 2016. Last page does show up in web layout but it does not show up on print layout. In addition if I download the same file with .docx extension, it loads all the 3 pages properly. Also, if we use earlier version of Word or use Office 365 it does show the last page, just Word 2016 does not show the last page if extension is .doc. Manually changing the extension from .doc to .docx does not load the file.

@NanduNairSigma

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Hello,
I am attaching the zip file for the console application. In addition, after running the console application, you will find the generated document in "\GenerateWordDocument\bin\Debug" with a name starting with “RFIExternal(RFIEX)”.Moreover,I have attached dropbox link for downloading the console application. Please open the word file in Word 2016. The problem is, If you open file in word 2016, only 2 pages will get display. And if the same file is opened in other versions of the word it will be shown 3 pages.

link to download console application zip file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9o5rsz5v9ij600/GenerateWordDocument.zip?dl=0

@NanduNairSigma

You are using the older version of Aspose.Words. We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 19.7 and also use the license. You can get the 30 days temporary license from here:
Get a Temporary License

Hope this helps you.

Hello,
We are not looking to upgrade this component right now, we need support with the current licensed version we have. Can you please provide a fix for the version we have. It is not really that old of a version.

Regards

@NanduNairSigma

Please note that we do not provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. Moreover, we do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose products either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our products.

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose.Words as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that were reported earlier.

Hello,
I have tried with the latest version,but still the output is same.The document fails to load all the 3 pages in Word 2016.
I am attaching the dropbox download link showing console application with latest version of Aspose.Word and also the generated document.
So, can you please check this and help me to get out of this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9o5rsz5v9ij600/GenerateWordDocument.zip?dl=0

Regards,

@NanduNairSigma

Please call Document.UpdatePageLayout method before saving the document as shown below to get the desired output.

doc.UpdatePageLayout()
doc.Protect(ProtectionType.AllowOnlyFormFields)

Dim fileName As String = "RFIExternal(RFIEX)" + (DateTime.UtcNow).ToString("MMddyyhhmmss") + ".doc"
doc.Save(fileName)

Thank you…!!! It works in old version too.
Can you please tell me what exactly it does by adding above mentioned lines?

Regards,

@NanduNairSigma

You are creating document from scratch and inserting table and other content in it. You need to update the page layout to get the desired output. Document.UpdatePageLayout method rebuilds the page layout of the document.