We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Failed to render Some Arabic Characters in DOCX 2 PDf Conversion

Hi,


I am using the following code to convert an MS Word 2010 document to PDF. The document is converted with some Arabic characters rendered as squares (screenshots attached).The word document uses the font ‘Simplified Arabic’ which is installed on the server.

I kindly request treating this with urgency as we need to know if Aspose Word will fit for our client needs or not before taking purchase decision.

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(files[0].InputStream);
doc.Save(Server.MapPath(@"~\Files\RelationshipSystem\Documents\Resolution1.pdf");

Regards,

Madani

Hi Madani,


Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Could you please attach your input Word document(.doc/.rtf file) and output PDF document showing the undesired behaviour here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Thanks Awais. Please check your inbox as I sent you an email with the attachment.


Madani

Hi Madani,


Thanks for sending your documents via email to me. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I have attached a PDF document that is generated on my side here for your reference.

Could you please also tell us the details of the machine environment you’re getting this problem on e.g. the operating system, its Architecture (32 / 64 bit), .NET Framework version and What DLL of Aspose.Words are you using? (the one that resides in net2.0 or in net3.5_ClientProfile folder). Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Thanks Awais,


I am getting the same output as the one you are attaching when running the web application on my computer, but I get squares when running on the live server.The output you attached is still not showing a perfect rendering of the characters (though no more squares).The squares are now replaced with the correct characters but in a different font, so the PDF content does not look nice with the mix of fonts within the same word.

I am attaching the first paragraph of your PDF output with highlighted characters rendered in different fonts (though the font in MS word is ‘Simplified Arabic’).

Below are my environment details:

Windows Server 2008 R2, 64bits
.NET Framework 4.5
DLL being used is trial version installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Words for .NET\bin<b>net3.5_ClientProfile\Aspose.Words.dll

I am hoping to get this issue fixed by today.

Thanks

Madani


Hi Madani,


Thanks for the additional information.
Madani:
The output you attached is still not showing a perfect rendering of the characters (though no more squares).The squares are now replaced with the correct characters but in a different font, so the PDF content does not look nice with the mix of fonts within the same word.
I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8476. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8476) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.8 update.