Fails to read Code39 in latest version

The attached code39 barcode can be read in 7.1.0.0, but fails to read in 7.3.0.0 and 7.4.0.0

The code I am using is:

Using img As New Drawing.Bitmap(“barcode.png”)
Using reader As New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(img, Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReadType.Code39Standard)
reader.RecognitionMode = Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.RecognitionMode.MaxPerformance
While reader.Read
Debug.WriteLine("Found: " & reader.GetCodeText)
End While
End Using
End Using

I have been using Aspose barcode reader for many years now and this sort of issue frequently happens with updates, which really makes me question what you have in the way of QA on your releases. These issues could very easily be stopped with suitable unit testing!
Hi Chris.

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have evaluated your scenario and were able to replicate the said issue. The issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with ID BARCODENET-34329. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you accordingly.

Hi

Can you comment on the testing of this? I’ve just wasted half a day trying to work out why a demo works, but our test doesn’t, only to find the demo is using an older, working version. This is pretty poor and makes me wonder if this is the product we should be using

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-34329) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)

Hi Bryan,

There was an issue in using Aspose.Barcode for .NET in WinForms applications. It has been fixed. Please test with the latest version i.e. 7.6.0.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan