Failure in processing upper-case image source tag when converting from html to excel

Hi Aspose Staff,

I am using Aspose.Cells-8.6.1.6 to convert an html file to excel format, and it worked fine.

However, if I change the image source tag in the html to upper-case, i.e., from "src" to "SRC", then the conversion will fail by missing the image in the generated excel file.

Attached please find the html files (good and bad ones) I used, the java conversion program, and the generated excel files (good and bad ones), and the image.

Can you please have a look at them? Thank you!

-fastPitch

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that Aspose.Cells does not process upper-case image source tag when converting from HTML to Excel file format. I used the following sample code with your template HTML file (with your provided image reference). The HTML file has the following img tag in it as following:

e.g
Sample code:

License license = new License();
license.setLicense(“f:\files\Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

Workbook book = new Workbook(“F:\Files\IMG_REF\Test_bad.html”, new HTMLLoadOptions(LoadFormat.HTML));
book.save(“F:\Files\IMG_REF\out1.xlsx”, SaveFormat.XLSX);

The output Excel file does not contain image. But, if I use Test_good.html file which has “src” attribute for img tag:
i.e.,

it works fine then.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41583” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41583) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.