Failure to open .xls file in 2003 format

I try to open a .XLS file and get an error of type ArgumentOutOfRangeException using the path as string (only parameter). I am sure that the file is at the correct location and it opens normally with Excel.

Both the file and a screenshot are available here: PDM Software since 1998: Mechworks srl | 404 Error

The bug is verified referencing both your dlls compiled for .NET 1.0 and 2.0. My code is compiled in VS2008 targeting .NET 2.0 on Windows XP 32. The OS is up to date. The version of Aspose Cells is 4.4.3.1

The exact same code on the same box opens another .XLS file in the same directory correctly displaying the number of worksheets. The code is really trivial, just passes the license as a file path and tries to open the file. In the line that contains .Open I get the Exception.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

We found the issue and will provide you a fix soon.

Thank you.

I have control over the file content. Is there any tip you can provide on how I can bypass the issue in the meanwhile and move on with development?

Hi,
Please try this fix.

It's caused by a special Ole object. We have fixed this bug.

I can confirm that your new dll fixed the bug. We appreciate your prompt reply and fix.

Giorgio