Failure to read 3 of 9 barcode

I have a TIFF document with two barcodes (one QR and one 3 of 9). The QR reads consistently regardless of orientation, but the 3 of 9 fails consistently on all of my samples. Following is my code:

using (BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(textBoxPath.Text, BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes))
{
reader.ImageBinarizationHints = RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.MedianSmoothing;

textBoxResults.AppendText(“Creating barcode reader object with image file” + Environment.NewLine);

while (reader.Read())
{
textBoxResults.AppendText(“Reading barcode” + Environment.NewLine);
textBoxResults.AppendText("\tType: " + reader.GetReadType() + Environment.NewLine);
textBoxResults.AppendText("\tValue: " + reader.GetCodeText() + Environment.NewLine);
}

reader.Close();
textBoxResults.AppendText(“Barcode reader closed” + Environment.NewLine);
}

Attached are two test samples. I’m using the latest version of Aspose.BarCode, downloaded yesterday.

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting support. I have tested your sample graphics against the latest build of Aspose.BarCode 6.3.0. I can notice Code39 recognition problem with 3.tif image file. I’ve logged this problem under ticket id BARCODENET-33938 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available update. However, there is no issue while recognizing 15.tif image. Please see sample code and results as follows:

[C#]
string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(folderPath);

foreach (string file in files)

{

using (BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(file, readerType))

{

while (reader.Read())

{

Console.WriteLine(Path.GetFileName(file) + "--Symbol:" + reader.GetReadType() + " Code :" + reader.GetCodeText());

}

Console.WriteLine();

}

}

Results:
15.tif–Symbol:Code39Standard Code :SEPARATOR- Milliseconds: 3247
15.tif–Symbol:QR Code :CapitalStream Document ID: 8955081628394820397, Covershe
et Indicator: Y, Document Source System: CS

3.tif–Symbol:QR Code :CapitalStream Document ID: 3372291970265819248, Covershee
t Indicator: Y, Document Source System: CS

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi James,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id BARCODENET-33938 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.1.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33938) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.