Feasibility question

Hi,

We have a daily process that generates an Excel file by pulling data from database and updating an Excel template with the data, then outputting the Excel file. We also have a Powerpoint file that contains Excel charts from the Excel that was generated by the daily process. Currently, a human has to open the Powerpoint presentation everyday to update the charts in it from the generated Excel. Is it possible to use Aspose to write a program that does this automatically? We do not want to create a brand new Powerpoint presentation from the Excel charts, because we would still like to keep the current format and other contents in the Powerpoint template, and only “refresh” the charts in it from those in the Excel file. We would also like to keep the chart size and format in the Powerpoint as defined in the template file, but only refresh the chart content.

An alternative we have is to use a VBA macro in the Powerpoint and make the charts in the powerpoint as “linked” OLE objects to the external Excel file. But the drawback of this approach is that the charts in the Powerpoint are not self-contained (i.e., the Excel file has to be kept with the Powerpoint in emails). That is why we are exploring Aspose to see if a java program can be written to handle this “chart refreshing” in Powerpoint.

Thanks.
Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I like to share the possibilities that are possible using Aspose.Slides. We offer to add the charts or worksheets created in MS Excel as Ole frame inside PowerPoint presentation. Aspose.Slides also offers to update the exisiting chart added as Ole frame in conjunction with Aspose.Cells. Please visit this documentation link for your further kind reference.

The other possibility is to create the MSO charts using Aspose.Slides it self. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard.

You can write the routine by your self by using Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Cells to modify the excel chart added or create the chart using Aspose.Slides. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,