Few queries on converting PDF from word doc

<span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";

mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">I am using Aspose trial version and wanted to purchase 1 developer license but there are still few queries in my mind. Hope I get reply asap.

Does Aspose support following till date, if not then any ETA:

• <span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;
    mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
    mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”> Word properties gets propagated to PDF while converting word doc to PDF?
  • <!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–><span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;
    mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Fast Web View/linearizing PDF is available in PDF KIT? if not then any workaround?

mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Does Aspose is PDF 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 complaint?
    mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Can I control PDF/A on generated
    PDF?

Please revert back ASAP.

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

chandanluthra:
Word properties gets propagated to PDF while converting word doc to PDF?
Hi Chandan,

Thanks for using our products.

Your query seems to be related to Aspose.Words so I will move this thread to respective forum and my fellow workers taking care of this product would be in better position to answer this query.

chandanluthra:
Fast Web View/linearizing PDF is available in PDF KIT? if not then any workaround?
I am afraid Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java does not support the feature to create linearized PDF file. However Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports this feature and recently we have ported Aspose.Pdf for .NET code to Java platform currently we have busy testing the new release. Once this version becomes available, you will be able to fulfill your requirement.

chandanluthra:
Does Aspose is PDF 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 complaint?
Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java supports all PDF versions. In case you encounter any issue while using our product, please share the source PDF files.
chandanluthra:
Can I control PDF/A on generated PDF?
My fellow workers from Aspose.Words team will be sharing the required information.
chandanluthra:
codewarior: Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java supports all PDF versions. In case you encounter any issue while using our product, please share the source PDF files.

Does it mean I can convert Word doc to PDF in any of the version listed above?
I tried to convert but found that Aspose.words allows to convert word doc to PDF 1.4 and 1.5 only. Could you please confirm that I can convert doc file to PDF 1.6 and 1.7 too and How?

Hi,

In my earlier post, I meant to state that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java can load PDF files of version 1.4,1.5,1.6 and 1.7. However as per your requirement of generating PDF files in specific version when transforming Word file PDF, my fellow workers from Aspose.Words team can better confirm this support in Aspose.Words for Java.

PS, Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to change PDF file version and save the output in specific format i.e. You can load v1.6 document and save it as v1.4 etc but I am afraid this feature is currently not supported by Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. Nevertheless, recently we have ported Aspose.Pdf for .NET code to Java platform and we are testing the new autoported version of Aspose.Pdf for Java. Once this new release becomes available, you will also get the capability to upgrade/downgrade PDF file version on Java platform.

Hi Chandan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

chandanluthra:

Word properties gets propagated to PDF while converting word doc to PDF?

By using Aspose.Words, you can convert MS Word documents into PDF and can export Custom Document Properties as Metadata. Please use the PdfSaveOptions.setExportCustomPropertiesAsMetadata method to sets value determining whether or not to export CustomDocumentProperties as Metadata. The default value is false. When this value is set to
true custom document properties are exported in PDF document as
metadata.

chandanluthra:

Can I control PDF/A on generated PDF?

Please use the PdfSaveOptions.setCompliance to set the PDF standards compliance level.

PdfCompliance.PDF_15 : The output file will comply with the PDF 1.5 standard.

PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B : The output file will comply with the PDF/A-1b standard. PDF/A-1b has the
objective of ensuring reliable reproduction of the visual appearance of the
document.

Currently Aspose.Words does not support “PDF/A-1a” and “PDF/A-2” compliance during PDF export. Your request has been linked to the appropriate features. You will be notified as soon as it is supported. The features IDs are as follow:

WORDSNET-2356 : Support PDF/A-1a compliance level

WORDSNET-5971 : Support of PdfCompliance PDF/A-2

WORDSNET-2109 : Allow to specify version of PDF

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + “in.docx”);

PdfSaveOptions option = new PdfSaveOptions();

option.setExportCustomPropertiesAsMetadata(true);

option.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);

doc.save(MyDir + "out.pdf", option);

Hi Chandan,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that an autoported MergedAPI version of Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.0.0 has been published. Please try using the latest release version and in case you encounter any issue or you have any related query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2356) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5971) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.