Fields filled and flattened using aspose are still editable when opened in chrome and the adobe extension is installed

Our company uses Aspose to fill fields on pdfs with product rates for annuities. Here is an example:
https://mybusiness.massmutualascend.com/home/dynamic-rates-pages/american-landmark-3-client-rate-flier

Many of the agents that sell our annuities also have an adobe acrobat chrome extension installed - they use to sign business related documents. When our rate pages (that we are dynamically filling using aspose) are opened and the user has this extension installed, intermittently the fields will not be filled or flattened. Here is the extension:

Here is the issue when it occurs:
image.jpg (163.7 KB)

Here is a screenshot of some of our code where we flatten the document and save it:
image.png (28.1 KB)

Is this an issue your team is aware of? Are we potentially missing a step programmatically that would prevent this issue entirely?

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

@nlight

Can you please try using Document.Flatten() method as well and see if it helps. In case issue keeps persisting, please share a sample PDF document for our reference so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly as it looks like document specific issue.

@asad.ali
Hi Asad. I tried the document flatten and the issue is still occurring. Do you have an email I can send the pdf to? My company prefers I not post it on the forum, but can if necessary. Thanks

@asad.ali
Index-Summit-6-Client-Rate-Flier_Example.pdf (692.0 KB)

Don’t worry about the email. Here is an example of one of our fillable pdfs. We have fields named with specific ids that we use to populate the fields with rates. After we populate the rates we flatten the pdf.

@nlight

If possible, can you please also share a minimal code snippet to replicate the issue in our environment?

@asad.ali I’ll put together a sample project and try to get it to you today/tomorrow at the latest.

@nlight

Sure, please take your time and share the sample project once you have it. We will further proceed accordingly.