We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Fields Merging when rendered as XLSX

Hi,

I have added your comment in our database against the issue id: SSRS-40009

Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices development team will look into your issue and give you advice or suggest you any alternative solutions.

Once,we have some update against your issue, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please try to open the attached file in Environment without the support of East Asian Language and let us know your result.

If the issue still happens, then please post the normal excel file that was created on Environment without the support of East Asian Language and we will check it.

I opened the file you provided on my machine without the East Asian Language support and it opened without any issues. The attached file is an un-repaired copy of the report I am having issues with. When I open the attached file I receive a warning that Excel has found unreadable content and asks if if Excel should try to repair it. When I click “yes”, to repair the file, Excel returns a window saying it has repaired the file by removing merged cells. I do not have any merged cells in my rdl file.

Hi,


Thanks for testing the file and also provided the un-repaired copy of your file.

We will investigate your issue and get back to you soon.

I have logged it as comment to attach with your issue. Once we have any update, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please post a new excel file which was created by excel on Environment without the support of East Asian Language and we will check it.

Thank you for your support and help.

I am using SQL server 2008 and SSRS 2008 on the same server that is running Windows Server 2008. We have a web application that is used to run the reports which is on a server running Windows Server 2003. The web app is accessed from end user client machines. Most of the end user client machines are running Windows XP.
The file that I most recently posted was created using this scenario. None of the machines involved have the East Asian Language module installed.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

We actually need the mentioned file to drill down the issue. Could you please provide the needed file so that we could carry on our investigation of this issue.

We have also logged your comment in our database against the issue id: SSRS-40009. It will be helpful for the team

The attached file was created in an environment that does not have the East Asian Language support installed. When I open the attached file, I receive the “unreadable content” error.

Hi,


Thanks for the file.

It may help us to investigate your issue. We will do it soon. Once we have any update, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please post a template xlsx file which was generated in MS Excel on Environment without installing East Asian Language.
We have to check the difference between the file generated by Aspose.Cells for ReportService and MS Excel, then we can know how to fix this issue.

Thank you for your support and help.

I can generate a copy of the report as a XLS file, but I cannot generate a XLSX file without using the Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services component. If it would help I could also provide a copy of the RDL file that is used to generate the report.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

You can provide us any additional information that could be helpful for this issue as suggest by Simon, we require a file to drill down this issue more.

simon.zhao:

Hi,

Please post a template xlsx file which was generated in MS Excel on Environment without installing East Asian Language.
We have to check the difference between the file generated by Aspose.Cells for ReportService and MS Excel, then we can know how to fix this issue.

Thank you for your support and help.


We are still working on your issue and will update you asap.

I have attached a copy of the rdl file that is used to generate the report that is producing this issue.

Hi,

I have looked into your file. You have provided us RDL file while Simon is asking you Xlsx file.

Could you please provide the Xlsx file as advised by Simon below?


simon.zhao:

Hi,

Please post a template xlsx file which was generated in MS Excel on Environment without installing East Asian Language.
We have to check the difference between the file generated by Aspose.Cells for ReportService and MS Excel, then we can know how to fix this issue.

Thank you for your support and help.

I cannot generate a XLSX file of my report without using the Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services component. SSRS 2008 does not have the ability to render XLSX files built in, this is why I am using the Aspose component.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

I have logged your comments for development team to review and investigate against the issue id: SSRS-40009

Once, we have any update relating to above issue, we will soon let you know.

Hi,

What we need is not the same report with that generated by Reporting services, but a simple xlsx file manually generated by your ms excel(on the environment without installing East Asian Languageon). You can just create a new blank workbook(CTRL+N) in ms excel and put some string values into some cells and then save it and send it to us.

Thank you.

Sorry for the confusion. I have attached a simple XLSX file created on my machine without the East Asian Language support installed.

Hi,

Thanks for your file.

It will help us sorting out your issue.

We have logged your comment and file in our database.

We will soon get back to you.

Hi ,

We had checked your provided excel file and fixed report file.

Please try to open the attached file in Environment without the support of East Asian Language and let us know your result.

If it is normal, we will release the fixed version.