Fields Merging when rendered as XLSX

I have a tablix based report with about 125 columns. When I render the report as XLSX columns have been added and merged with columns that exist in my tablix object. This is causing the formatting of the report to be thrown off, the column headers are not correctly lining up with the columns they represent. I have attached the rdl file for the report, a XLS copy of the report and a XLSX copy of the report. The XLS version shows the expected formatting, the XLSX version shows the added columns and cell mergings. Is there something in my formatting i need to change to prevent the extra columns and cell mergins? Is this a bug with the XLSX renderer?

Hi,

Please let us know which of the Reporting Services you are using.

Please try the latest Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 2008 version and let us if it works fine.

Please download: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.62 (SSRS 2008)

I am using SSRS 2008. I have applied the newest dll and the issue is still there.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and testing it with the latest version.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and once there is some update or fix, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40007.

Hi,

We have found the issues and fixed them. Please try the fixed version (1.7.0.64) (attached) for SSRS 2008.

If you still face any issue, please inform us any time.

Thank you.

I have applied the new dll and the reports are now rendering as expected. Thank You!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40007) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I am now having another issue with this report. After applying the dll to my test environment the report runs but when i open the xlsx file it gives me a warning that Excel has found unreadable content, and asks if i want to recover the file. When i click yes the file opens and everything looks exactly as i expect it to. The issue is the warning that Excel has found unreadable content.

I am also seeing other reports that are now having issues with added columns, similar to the issue i first reported in this thread. I have attached a copy of a rdl file and a xlsx file for a report that is having extra columns added during report rendering.

Hi,

Thanks for your files.

I have logged this new issue in a separate ticket inside the database.

Development team will look into it and fix the problem and we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40009.

Hi ,

We open your provided report file, but we do not get a warning that excel has found unreadable content.

We export report and do not get the warning too.

Does your provided report file(*.XLSX) exist as warnings?

Could you tell us your system environment?

Hi,

We had checked your export excel file and found this issues.

Your system needs to support east Asian languages.

Do the East Asian languages need to be supported on each client machine or on the server running reporting services?

Hi,

The machine which open exported excel files need to support the East Asian Languages.

Installing the East Asian Language pack on my machine did resolve the issue. I am working to determine if there is a server level fix for this issue. I do no receive this error message from XLSX files generated from my development environment application. I only receive the errors from my test and production environments. I have looked through all of my environments and have not been able to find any differences in settings or installed applications.
Are there any server side settings or applications that could cause this issue to not happen in all of my environments?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

It should work both in your local test and production environment/settings. There are no specific separate settings.

Could you please elaborate your issue more with screenshots?

We will look into it and help you asap.

Please also download and try our latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for Reporting Services v1.8.0.17 (SSRS2008R2)

if it could be any help for you.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

I am not using 2008 R2, just SSRS 2008. Is there an updated dll for that version?

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

We have requested the development team to provide you Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices dll that will run on SSRS 2008.

Hi,

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.19 (SSRS 2008) and let us know your result.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Thank you. I will update my server and test it.

I have updated my test environment with the newest dll and I am still receiving the unreadable content error. This issue is only happening on my test and production environments, my dev environment produces reports without the unreadable content error. It is only one report, out of 10, that produces the error. Installing the East Asian Language support pack on my local machine did resolve the error, but that is not a viable solution for all of my end users. Any other possible fixes?