File corrupted error

When loading a DOC file, I am getting a corruption exception. The inner exception seems to indicate an Aspose issue where duplicate dictionary keys are not handled correctly. Could you please fix this?

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ‘display_urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Editor’ Key being added: ‘display_urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Editor’

Here is the stack trace:

Type:
Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException

The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.

Data:
Error=Exception
Action=Read
SystemErrorType=None
SystemErrorCode=0
Status=Exception

StackTrace:
at Aspose.Words.Document.(Stream , LoadOptions )

Type:
System.ArgumentException

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ‘display_urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Editor’ Key being added: ‘display_urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Editor’

StackTrace:
at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value)
at Aspose.Words.Properties.DocumentPropertyCollection.(String , Object )
at .( )
at .(Stream )
at .( , BuiltInDocumentProperties , CustomDocumentProperties )
at .()
at . ()

@steve.debusschere,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

I’m working on getting you a test file.

One of our customers reported this issue. They sent the file which caused the exception to occur, but it works just fine when I test it. The file was stored in SharePoint so there may have been additional custom properties added to the file by SharePoint.

It seems clear to me from the stack trace that a duplicate property was encountered. Can you revise the Aspose code to better handle this condition so the entire file is not considered corrupt?

@steve.debusschere,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have added a feature request as WORDSNET-15756 in our issue tracking system to add warning message instead of exception while adding duplicate custom property into document. We will inform you via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Can you give me some kind of estimate when Aspose is planning to work on a fix for this? We have several customers that are impacted by this problem. Thanks!

@steve.debusschere,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, this feature is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of this feature, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for the update.

Is there an update on this particular word issue as it affects our clients. We need the level raised.

@LinkTekSupport,

Thanks for your inquiry. This feature is still pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this feature.

Thanks for your patience.