File Corrupted on Save

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Excel v1.9.1.4 to open and save an Excel file, nothing more:

Dim AsposeExcel As New Aspose.Excel.Excel
AsposeExcel.Open(Filename.Text)
AsposeExcel.Save(Filename.Text & “.xls”, Aspose.Excel.FileFormatType.ExcelXP)

Before I open the file using Aspose.Excel, everything is fine. After I open and save, and open the document in Excel, I get the following error: Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

Most of my excel files work fine with Aspose.Excel, just this one spreadsheet will not work correctly. You can download a zip file containing both the “clean” and “corrupted” versions at http://www.funderbunnies.com/SAVER3Pricing_corruption.zip

Please let me know what is wrong! I need this file to work before 5pm California time (5 hours from now). I’d really appreciate if you could help me out ASAP.

Thank you!

Chris Seta
agentLIFE, Inc.

Hi Chris,

I will investigate it right now. Did it work fine in previous version of Aspose.Excel?

Hi Chris,

Now it’s fixed. Please download hotfix 1.9.2 and have a try.

By the way, I found there was an Ole object in your designer spreadsheet, so please use Corporate edition or Evaluation edition. I will add more prompt message in my program later.

I seem to be getting the same error with 2.8.4.0

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

Please download and try v2.8.6.

If the problem still occurs, please send your file to me. Thank you very much.

We're seeing the same message (Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible.Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.) We have v3.0.4.0 and I've tried opening in Excel 2003 and Excel 2000. The aforementioned error appears in the newer Excel, but the workbook window only flickers and automatically closes in the older Excel.

So far, it looks like the issue is unique to one file created via Aspose.Excel, and happens each time we try to create a file from the same set of data. Another 50 or so files created "on the fly" from similar data sets open without incident. I could send the Excel file, but I'll not post it due to the nature of the data contained.

Mark Bernhardt

Dear Mark,

Please try this attached fix.

If the problem still occurs, please post your sample code and generated file in this forum. You can make a private post to protect your code and file.

Thanks, Laurence. I've asked one of our developers to make the DLL replacement and we'll retest.

Mark